Tuesday, August 4, 2009

LenWhale no more


I have often used the name LenWhale when talking about Titans running back Lendale White, I think that I am going to give that moniker because White has decided to shed some weight and play even better than he did last year when he gained almost 800 yards and scored 16 TDs. It was White's best year since he was drafted in the second round out of USC in 2006.

While this weight loss should be a great thing, the skeptics, like myself, point out that this is a contract year for White and it's an odd coincidence that he has gone on this sudden health kick. The skepticism is further fueld by the fact that White says he lost the weight by giving up tequila.

"I really got to be honest,” White said. “It wasn’t a lot of major diet changes. (It was) watching what I drink. I was a big Patron consumer. ... That’s what it was. I was drinking a lot, drank a lot of alcohol. I cut that out of my diet all the way. I don’t drink at all. I cut the drinking, I stopped drinking for six months.
“It started falling off.”

Callers on sports talk radio here in NashVegas can't decide if White was serious when he creditted his weight loss with giving up tequila.


Listen up people, I'm as critical and cynical as anyone, but this is my feeling about White and his new diet regime; who gives a rat's a-- why or how he lost the weight.


Will it make him a better player?

It sure should, with less weight he should stay stronger longer into games and should be able to really wear defenses out in the 3rd and 4th quarters.


Will it make the Titans better?

Again it should, with him and Chris Johnson, the Titans have an excellent combo of backs to give opponents all kinds of trouble. Johnson has shown that he can gash a defense and score from anywhere on the field while White continues to pound away.


And finally to all the Titans fans who want to get upset about White getting and taking the money at the end of the year and leaving the Titans, you cannot be serious. If you or anyone else had the chance to get the big payday you get it, loyalty be damned.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see him staying with the Titans.....Smash & Dash ;0

that name LenWhale has always pissed me off......kinda like the fun people poke at JRuss........i can assure half the douche bags that sit behind their computers day in & day out & slam these guys for their weight, are OVER, OVER WAY OVER their own weight!

If the guy(s) can play, who gives a rats ass like you said........

Anonymous said...

.i can assure half the douche bags that

i can assure YOU

lol, typing to fast again!

CowboyJoe said...

I know what you are saying...I think it would have been better to say that LenDale wasn't as committed to being a good/great NFL player as he could be instead of calling him LenWhale.
But the name just fit. I think the name also came from some frustration with him, he should be "the man".

Anonymous said...

well he can't be the man because he's got chris now on that team too. but they can wreak havoc together!! they really are electrifying to watch!!

Smash & Dash, may they rip up the downs!!

i think this game coming up saturday is going to be, well.....different because of McNair's death.

CowboyJoe said...

Yes it will. It'll be hard to find two more diff players than Mac and TO.

Anonymous said...

LOL! good point!!

Rad said...

Did you read ahis comment about how he lost the weight?? He said he just stopped drinking Petron Tequila. Awesome diet plan lol

Great pic man

Anonymous said...

yeah Cowboy got to see 1st hand my article about LenDale. wasn't just the tequila he cut out, ya dig!

Rad said...

Hey what's Cindy, long time no see girl.

He said the Patron and alcohol in general were a major factor didn't he. Don't ruin it for me cause I put down the Bacardi after I read that and I was hoping to get rid of some of this jello around the middle of my otherwise fabulous physique (only I can see the great shape I'm in for some reason). Don't ruin this for me woman lol

Anonymous said...

i know what he said rad, i wrote the article that went out over the wire. however it wasn't just the "patron"

layta!

Rad said...

Alright then, congrats on the article girl.

Anonymous said...

u done runnin searches on my page Rad? you are making my google analytics jump all over, ya dig? i aint' got time for this kid. To much fun to be had here in Canton! i'm out!

Rad said...

I ran 1 search on your page for the Lendale White article you wrote. I didn't know what date it was written so I had to look for it. I stopped visiting your blog a while ago becuase of the pop-ups and it was obvious I was not welcome.

Sorry to disturb your Google Analyitcs. There was no malicious intent behind my search, I was just researching, or any of my comments on this post.

Cowboy I apolgize for commenting if I wasn't welcome here either and also for this turning into what it has. Seriously, my fault dude I didn't know.

Cindy best of luck to you in all your future endeavors girl.