Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VY is in the Sept issue of Esquire


VY has given an interview to Esquire magazine for the September issue. There isn't much earth-shattering information in the story, but it is a nice quick read. Here are a few excerpts from the article:

The last year's been rough — the injury, the controversy, being booed by our own fans, people saying I'm suicidal, losing the starting position. But I've seen worse.

We will all be flat on our backs at one time or another. That's when you figure out what you've got inside.

I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm back to playing my game and not worrying about what everybody else thinks. That was my mistake: worrying too much about critics. I'm only twenty-six, man. If you think you can write me off, just watch.

I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame.


Kerry Collins and I are good friends. He's been through this, too, so he knows. He's teaching me about stocks and investments.

My girl tries to dress my dog. Dogs should not be dressed.

We ain't married, we just act like it.

I want to take care of everybody, but I can't.

I wish him the best of luck and hope that last year is over.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girl tries to dress my dog. Dogs should not be dressed.

LOL, that is just classic HA! that made me laugh! He's right though....seriously they aren't supposed to be!

i just love this kid, i hope he gets back to good!

Anonymous said...

by the by, 1 1/2 till showtime kids...getcha popcorn ready! i hope the Titans lay an ass whoopin on the bills HA!

CowboyJoe said...

TO looked good in the one series he played, dammit.
VY's first pass was terrible but he's looking better now...

Anonymous said...

yeah it was, even i was cryin powder blue, but he made up for it. crumpler is lookin HOT! murder Inc. in the backfield LMAO!
WTF more could ya ask for then to start the season off with a fake punt? that shit was off the hook 4 sho!

Anonymous said...

chris, lenDale, THAT D line is crazy sick Cowboy.....seriously, crazy sick.....bills thought they were gonna tire em out by pullin the no huddle shit.......um YA we see that ain't workin....i'm loving it!

did u see TO's face b4 1/2 time? PRICELESS man, the yellow eyes, those big ears......that's what makes him the douche he is.....alright i'm out, i'll have a write up early no doubt......got meetings all fricken day 2morrow, till late afternoon!

Anonymous said...

lol look at me ramblin, i'm all excited though, football is here.....

BTW i know chris & lendale are on O, i'm ramblin.....b4 anyone feels the need to correct me ;0

alright i'll hitcha up 2morrow!

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a game last night, i had the best time watching it!! Vince....not to shabby once he shook off the rust toots!

layta, work blah calls LOL!

CowboyJoe said...

He's getting some compliments on the shows around here, and some criticism for his int. Wasn't really his fault Hawkins ran the wrong route.
Ramsey had better #s but he was playing against the scrubs.
The lines did look good, overall very happy with how they looked last night.

Anonymous said...

just a great way to start the season, very impressed....u know players everywhere today, are talkin about that fake punt.....that was just classic! did u see how he honored steve mcnair? i'll send ya a link!